Most or many members of the Punch House Band can be caught supplying the live music for community theatre company Crude Apache’s 2018 summer show, At the Turning of the Tide, which has a dozen free open air shows in July, at broads and rivers, pubs and parks, across Norwich and Norfolk. For full details of times and venues see the poster, or go the Crude Apache website. The tour includes two shows as part of the Lord Mayor’s Procession weekend in Norwich, at the Whiffler Theatre. Arrive early for the show because we play a short set of our songs while the actors warm up. PHB fans will be particularly interested to learn that this show is inspired by one of the crowd favourites from our set, Tim’s ‘Wherryman’s wife’. The play and all songs in it are original–don’t be surprised if one or two make it into the band’s regular set. Tim, Richard and Leighton are doing all the shows, and George some. Don’t miss it!
- 24 October: St Andrew’s Hall, Norwich Beer Festival
- September (date tbc): Freemasons’ Arms, Norwich
- 5-22 July: summer tour, At the Turning of the Tide, Wymondham, Norwich (various), Thurne, Whitlingham Broad, Geldeston Locks, Hoveton Broad, Stalham.
- March 21, evening: The Golden Star, Norwich, party
- March 8, 9 pm: The Crown, Burston
- December 2, 9 pm: Freemasons’ Arms, Norwich (return booking)
- October 27, 6-8 pm: St Andrew’s Hall, Norwich, as part of Norwich Beer Festival (return booking)
- September 10, afternoon, Lakenham: private party
- June 30, 8 pm: Jurnet’s Bar, King Street, Norwich
- May 20, 8pm: The Harnser, Cley-next-the-Sea
- March 4, 9 pm: Freemasons’ Arms, Norwich
- February 3, 8 pm: supporting Fleetwood Cave, Milkmaid Folk Club, Bury St Edmunds (return booking)
- December: The Dog House, Norwich, private party
- October: St Andrew’s Hall, Norwich Beer Festival
- Milkmaid Folk Club, Bury St Edmunds